Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Positive changes

Although I am suffering from a migraine today and the starts of what I can imagine will be a long, long cold, my day really isn't that bad.

It's been a long weekend of not really getting anything done that I wanted to. I've had a lot of little things that needed to be taken care of first. Sitting here waiting for spring to arrive seems to be failing me. Next week we have highs in the single digits... not cool mother nature, not cool. However, this isn't stopping me from getting at least a few quick workouts in... quick as in like 10 minutes all together. Yes, I know, I need to do more, but you have to start somewhere and it's just too darn cold to go outside.

I set a goal of losing 5 pounds by the end of January. With the support system that I have, I have managed to get 3 pounds down in 1 week. Another big thanks to this sucess is The Biggest Loser. Seeing those contestents battle it out is extremely inspiring. So during commercial breaks, I'm on the floor doing sit-ups and push-ups.. I feel victorious after each set that I do. And let me tell you, after feeling so victorious, I have no need to sabatoge the hard work. It's like a lightbulb went off. Why would I work so hard at changing myself physically just to wipe it clean with bad food? And if it's not ok for my daughter to eat that food, why is it ok for me? You know, people may think that this revelation is common sense, but when you have struggled your whole life with your weight, it's something that needs to be learned. And everybody has their own learning rate.

Anyhow... Two more pounds to go and I KNOW I CAN DO THIS!

That's all for my ramblings today. I wanted to make sure that I posted something about this success before I forgot :)

xo Suzy

No comments:

Post a Comment