Phew... what a weekend! This has been such a crazy and exciting and fun filled weekend... today it is all about catching up!
On Thursday, after work, I picked up Austin to head on up to the family cottage. Silly here can never remember the exact directions to get up north so I decided to Google Maps that bitch... hahaha what a joke! We went a way that I had never gone before and I have been going up north now for about 24 years or so. You would think by now I would remember how to get there, but the older I get the less time I have to go up there. Needless to say we got lost in Wimb somthing somthing town and we ended up asking for directions at a huge gas station. Well, the lady was dumber than fuck and didn't really help much. I never thought I would say this but thank god I lost my phone a few weeks ago because I needed my GPS. Ha, we ended up going the correct way afterall, but by the time we figured that out, it had already been a half hour later. Nuts!
We finally get up there and it is about 930 pm. My sister Robin and her boyfriend were trashed, my mom exhausted and Jenny and Ryan were watching TV waiting for us. We got in and instantly started drinking because the trip lead us to that point. Since we didnt bring booze up, we had Amaretto and Coke, about 3/4's a bottle that is... shit I went to bed early cuz of the heartburn that was pulsating from my toes! Well, before we went to bed, Austin stripped for my family, yes stripped. My mom felt bad for always staring at him without knowing much on his tattoos so she requested he do so. So after he told his stories, Jenny had noticed a shiny object on my finger. (at this point nobody in my family knew that we were engaged... i wanted to wait to tell them) I let them all take a good look at the ring and a lot of questions were thrown my way. My heart was racing and I waited for them to calm down a bit before I told them that yes, we are engaged. To my surprise, they were genuinely happy for us.
The next morning we woke up to do what all people do while on vacation, head to Wal-Mart. I got my first bikini (which broke... grrrrr) and some liquor and what not. We went for bloody mary's afterwards and Austin and I needed a nap... feeling like ass on vacation takes its toll on ya. We woke up to get ready for the fish fry where we had the worst possible service ever. Stupid bitch was soooooo rude!!!! After dinner we were waiting for a while when all of a sudden Robin and my mom got up to "have a talk". We all figured it was cuz Robin was once again trashed, but really it was because they had a surprise for Austin and me. We were presented with noise makers, cake and a card. All lovely of course :)
Saturday was the best day, boat rides, tubing, swimming and such. Naps of course took place, and a fantastic dinner/lunch. I love grilling out! Then we played some games with my sisters and their sigs after my mom and stepdad went to bed. Sunday, we headed home. We made it in record timing too. I ended up taking a nap. Nap= 4hrs hahaha and we missed the fireworks that we had planned on going too. Sorry!!! I felt bad cuz we invited Austin's brother and his wife but it didnt happen. I really want to get a good in with his brother... I can tell that he is trying to change for the good. But maybe its cuz I never knew his bad before.
Idk... I like when families can do family things together. It really makes you appreciate them more.
Families are always tricky though, you never know how people are going to react. Plus they see both the good and bad in you so its always hard to erase that bad. My goal for this year is to get our families together more often... and hopefully sometime in the future get them to meet eachother for a grand ol' time. Because when Austin and I start a family, I want everybody to be there.
couldn't have put it better myself, actually tried and you outdid me. haha. Love you and your family was awesome
ReplyDelete