Finally a post that I am happy to be writing about. This past weekend was a weekend that was really needed. On Friday night, I got to watch my baby niece and experience hands-on motherhood, well only for a few hours. It was good to be able to see the kind of control I am going to have when I become a mother. Yes, Julia slept most of the time, but it was still reassuring to me that when she did get fussy or when she was awake that I was able to take care of her needs.
Then Saturday appeared in the blink of an eye... literally. I only slept about 3 or 4 hours before I had to be at work. Ugh I was exhausted. But the work day had to continue and I got through it. After work, I ventured off to the mall to get the last part of Austin's Valentine's Day present. I was super excited to see that they had the book in the store. It was definitely a relief. Then, when I pulled into our parking lot, I got a big surprise that Austin was home. It was nice to spend the day with him. We exchanged gifts and took naps before our big night out on the town. We went to the Majestic to see Against Me, all the while eyes were on us and my belly. It was interesting to hear all the comments that were being made and all the people coming up to us and congratulating us. I definitely had a good time, although my legs and feet swelled up like the size of balloons.
Sunday was sleep in day. A day of relaxing and doing what we wanted to do. I got up at 10, got ready and took a nap til 2. Then we did some cleaning, ordered food and watched LOST until we decided to put the crib together. It only too Austin an hour to do it and I loved seeing the expression on his face after he accomplished the task... it made me melt :)
And of course, yesterday was Valentine's Day. Now, I have never really got into Valentine's day, other than when I was in grade school and we got to make fun little mailboxes and hope that the valentine's from my crushes would have some sort of subliminal message that he liked me too. But this year was different, maybe it's because I am extra sensitive and hormonal, or maybe it's because it was Austin's and my first Valentine's Day together. Either way, it was sooo nice to be able to spend the evening together and relax. We watched his favorite romantic movie, True Romance. And I'm not going to lie, it was a really good movie. But then My Bloody Valentine came on and well... it's cheesy and funny and bloody... everything I thought it was going to be.
I really hope that this feeling lasts. I have been able to deal with a lot of my anxieties about motherhood and personal doubts. I am in the home stretch now and am more excited now verses scared and depressed. It's a good feeling, a feeling that is so difficult to explain.
No comments:
Post a Comment