Thursday, May 17, 2012

Sad Day

It has been a while since I had last posted on this blog. I find myself doing more on my other one. I think going forward, I will use this blog to vent (like I hadn't already been doing haha) the good and the bad.

Today I got on the scale.
After months of hard work, I had lost a total of 30 pounds. Yay... but today I got on the scale. I took a month off from my hard work (poor choice) and gained 5 pounds. But that is not exactly why I am sad. I know I will lose it. I'm sad because it took me so long to lose 30 pounds and it only took 1 month to gain 5. I guess the number could have been bigger, but still. My motivation has gone away. Last month was celebration after celebration. Moving, birthday party, bachelorette party, bridal shower, another birthday, wedding and oh wait... another birthday party along with Mother's Day. It's a lot of cake, going out to eat, snacks, and drinks.

Maybe I only gained 5 pounds because I stuck with eating the healthier options when dining out, hung out next to the fruit and veggie platter at the parties. But that cake... all 6 different cakes... well, yeah.

I won't go down without a fight though. I have been getting outside more, I have been watching what I am putting in my body, but my boredom hunger strikes at work and that damn cake is constantly in my head. As of last night, it was gone :) (thanks to my husband)

I am also having a bad day because I am thinking about a frog. I get really upset when I see injured animals. (and dead animals for that matter) But to know and see them suffering makes me all the more worried. This worry transitions into obsession and then any time I try to eat, I think of them and my appetite is gone. Sure, it's great to not be hungry when trying to lose weight, but that's not a fair way to diet, starving myself because of my worried state of mind. I guess that worried feeling comes with being vegetarian and my reasonings behind it. I don't know. I'm just sad. I really hope that the frog is ok. I assume he will be, but I don't live in Marshall and I don't have a chance to check up on him. For all I know, he is missing his leg and bleeding to death. Damn garbage can. And his friend that was with him.. perfectly fine, but I always feel that animals feel empathy and sympathy and it makes me even sadder.

Ok... I am done ranting about this, the more I think of this frog, the sadder I become.

No comments:

Post a Comment